Saturday, February 18, 2012

Menu Board


So my son and I decided on New Years to start planning our meals out for the week.We figured it would help us save money by not eating out on impulse. So we made a menu board to help us with our goal.

What you need to make one of these:
  • Foam board
  • scrapbook paper
  • bottle caps
  • clothes pins
  • small box or envelope
  • stencil
  • paint
  • stickers
  • ribbon
  1. Start by glueing one type of scrapbook paper to the foam board
  2. While letting this dry take your stencil and start making the letters for the menu
  3. Paint the clothes pins and small box or envelopes ( we bought smaller than normal clothes pins at our local Hobby Lobby because I thought normal size clothes pins would be too big)
  4. Start by glueing your menu letters to the top, then glue your boxes and clothes pins on.
  5. We bought our bottle caps from Hobby Lobby and they came with stuff to attach them but you can use anything. Place the stickers inside the bottle caps before placing on the board (I learned the hard way.)
  6. Cut card to fit box or envelope.
  7. Once everything is in place, poke two holes at the top and tie a ribbon through them
And there you have a menu board. I put my new recipe cards in top box and when they are used I move them to the bottom one and shuffle them periodically. I also put the ingredients I`m going to need for each dish on the the back of them so I know what I need when I go to the grocery store. I also print the recipes out on labels and just stick them to the cards, I find its alot easier than writing them all out.  I placed a pack of sticky notes at the bottom to use for a grocery list. I plan on embellishing my board a little more by placing some pictures of food that my son has taken and I might add some ribbon as well. I hope you enjoy and most of all remember to Just Have Fun With It!            -Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment