Saturday, February 18, 2012

Homemade Lotion and Cute containers

I am currently fostering a 7 month old baby, so I have plenty of baby food jars hanging around. I hated to see them go to waste so I decided to make them into cute containers to hold my homemade hand lotion and hand them out as gifts. The recipe for the lotion is as follows

Homemade Hand Lotion:
16 oz. baby lotion ( I use the pink Johnson and Johnson)
8 oz. Creamy Vaseline
8 oz. Vitamin E Cream

Mix all ingredients with a blender using the wisk attachment. Put in containers

There you have it, homemade lotion that is bound to be cheaper than buying a bottle in the store and makes great gifts. You can put it in any container, I just used baby food jars because I have so many! The container shown above I made by wrapping twine around the jar and hot glueing every so often. Glued some left over ribbon from another project and make a bow and glued a button to it. Simple and cute! I hope you enjoy and remember to Just Have Fun With It!      -Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment